This Agreement is subject to change at any time, effective upon the User engaging with the Service. Your use of the Service will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to any such changes and you should frequently review the Agreement and it’s constituent parts to see if they have been changed.
The purpose of this document is to describe how Entr, stores, uses and discloses your personal information in the course of providing you with the Entr Service.
Financial Details Disclaimer
ENTR DOES NOT INTEND TO STORE NOR DO WE CURRENTLY STORE CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD NUMBERS OR OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE FINANCIAL DETAILS. ANY FINANCIAL INFORMATION, (THAT IS, DATA IN RELATION TO CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ETC), THAT MAY AT SOME TIME BE REQUIRED WILL BE PROCESSED BY A THIRD PARTY ORGANISATION ON A SECURE WEBSITE LINKED TO OURS.
The Entr Service
The Entr service is an internet/telecommunications based competition platform through which, registered Users can, via smart phone apps, websites or other telecommunication channels, enter competitions, giveaways, surveys and other promotions offered by international, national and local business.
It’s primary purpose is to connect business with products and service to promote with consumers who are interested in hearing about and potentially winning those products and services.
In delivering its service, the Entr smart-phone app or website may provide various online tools such as item, service or recommendation posting, building and managing of online communities, email, messaging bulletin boards, chat and messaging areas, news groups, classifieds, forums and/or other communication facilities ("the Services") designed to enable the user, to communicate with others.
Information Collected & Stored
Entr is committed to protecting and minimising any data that we collect concerning you and we aim to collect the minimum amount of personal information about you that is required in order to provide you with a satisfactory service.
As a user, you are able to search the website for competitions and review content without having to disclose any personal information. As you are not required to provide any personal information to do this you will remain anonymous to us although we may store the search strings that you have used in order to help us manage, tailor, analyse and improve the Entr Service.
In joining and becoming a member you will give us personal information as part of the registration process and as such you are no longer anonymous to us. We may therefore collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on your use of our services and the type of transactions that you enter into.
Specifically, we may collect and store the following information that you have made available to us:
- Name, surname, alias, email address, physical address, telephone / mobile / fax numbers and other contact information.
- Data regarding your use of the website, such as transactional information capturing your activities on the Website (what you have shared, what you have borrowed, descriptions and other content you generate or information that relates to your account).
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolutions, correspondence through the Website, correspondence sent to us and feedback;
- Computer sign-on data, the type of browser that you use, statistics on page views, information and statistics on traffic to and from the Site (including the URL you have just came from and the URL you go to next, whether they are URLs on the Site or not), advertising data, IP address, and standard web log information;
Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request and which may also be collected as indicated on the website (such as e-mail addresses of individuals that you may invite into your community and any messages that you may write).
We use the information collected primarily to process your entries for competitions you may have entered. In addition we may also use the information to improve the service that we provide to you. For example, we may use the information collected to;
- customise the experience,
- improve the efficiency of the site or service,
- improve the layout and the logic behind site navigation,
- provide customer service and troubleshoot problems,
- resolve disputes and enforce the User Agreement,
- produce key performance metrics and other metrics which helps us understand how our services are used,
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and verify accuracy of the information with third parties,
- keep in contact with you with respect to the Services that we provide, changes to our services, new services that we are offering and promotional offers.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. However, due to the nature of the internet it may be that users access and participate in the Entr Service from anywhere in the world. In such cases it is worth pointing out that the laws on holding personal data in the United Kingdom may be less stringent than the laws applicable elsewhere.
Disclosing Information to Third Parties
We do not:
- Disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties except when we need to do so in order to complete the service that you have requested.
- Sell, rent or provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- Disclose information of a general nature to third parties (for example, the number of individuals; visiting our website, registering, sharing an item, borrowing an item, returning to our website, etc) in order to assist us in the development of Entr.
- Collect and combine your personal information with information on other users and together with other demographic data, disclose such aggregated, non personal information to advertisers and other third parties. This, for example, allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs.
- If necessary, where required by law or if pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations, release some or all of the personal information that we deem relevant and that you have submitted, to appropriate law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to; a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other user of the Entr smart-phone app / Website / Services to legal liability or harm.
- Disclose elements of your personal information to other Entr users and third parties in order to provide the service that you have requested.
- Disclose your personal information to any current, or future, parent company or subsidiary, in order to provide a joint service or to improve the service that we offer you.
- Disclose your alias combined with an item, recommendation or service that you have posted on the Website welcome page in order to provide prospective new members with an idea as to what the Entr Service offers.
Prior to launching the current version of it’s Service, Entr has taken all reasonable steps and tests to ensure that your data is stored securely and only ever released to other members in the course of completing the service that you have requested. We continually try to improve the site and resolve any glitches and programming errors as soon as possible. Should in the unlikely event you experience the site disclosing your personal information without your consent please inform us as soon as possible by e-mailing us at Entr Privacy .. In continuing to use the site, you accept that these errors may occur and agree that you will not hold Entr accountable.
Entr operates standard industry practices to ensure the security of any information that is stored on its systems and to protect such information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, however, users are warned that third parties may unlawfully try to intercept or access such information. Subsequently it is not possible for Entr to guarantee that such information will always remain secure although clearly Entr recognises that it has a duty of care to ensure that it has taken all reasonable endeavours to ensure that it is. Such safeguards may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
Entr does not assume responsibility for any personal information that you have willingly disclosed to another user or third party in the course of using our Services.
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files on your computers hard drive called "cookies". These may hold information which, for example, allows a website to recognise your account thus making the Website quicker and simpler to use. Our Website may also take advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. That is we may use, or "place" a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer.
Cookies will enable us to relate your use of our site to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. It will help us to analyse our web flow, measure the effectiveness of the pages on our site and customise our Service. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can not read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Entr may need to communicate with you via e-mail in the course of providing the Entr Service. You agree to receive such emails provided that they are necessary for the normal functioning of the Service or draw your attention to various features, either new or established. You agree to have your name and / or e-mail address listed in the header of certain communications which you yourself initiate through the service.
Please take reasonable measures to protect yourself and specifically your privacy when posting to any information on the Website. Specifically please consider what information you share with other members outside of your personal communities, with whom you may agree to share something with.